Gates Drive Belt for 2011-2015 Polaris Pro RMK (44C4553)
Utilizing proprietary design software combined with the most advanced composite materials and construction technology, Gates CVT belts are engineered for a precise fit with drop-in performance and durability to meet the demands of today's and tomorrow's powersport equipment. Whether trail riding, farming, ranching or extreme riding, our CVT belts can handle even the most demanding on- and off-road conditions.
New Belt Break in Process:
New CVT belts require a break-in period of at a minimum 30 miles to maximize belt life and performance. The goal of the break-in period is to properly wear-in the belt to match the sheaves before applying maximum engine torque. By conservatively running through the entire shift range, proper belt contact over the entire sheave/belt contact path is optimized to eliminate belt slippage and drastically increase the belt's lifespan.
Follow these guidelines to accomplish proper belt break-in:
- Vary vehicle speed and engine RPM to shift belt through normal operational range.
- Do not exceed ¾ throttle within the first 30 miles of installation.
- Stop engine and allow belt to cool down every 15 minutes of use.
During break-in period, the following activities should be avoided:
- Aggressive acceleration or jerky throttle movements at low speeds
- Holding engine/vehicle speed constant for extended time periods
- Pulling heavy loads
- Long run times without complete CVT/belt cool down