Dart 10110010 Short Blocks
Iron Eagle SBC 180 Cylinder Head
Dart Iron Eagle Sportsman blocks for small block Ford engines
are powerful, competition blocks that offer racers the features
they need while remaining affordable.
- Siamesed cylinders: Standard 4.000 or 4.125 cylinders can be
safely bored to 4.165 diameter. Ductile iron sleeves and extra
thick walls prevent cracking and produce excellent ring seal.
- Multiple deck heights allow for increased displacements of up
to 468 cubic inches.
- Scalloped outer water jacket walls improve coolant flow around
the cylinder barrels to prevent detonation, extend engine life and
produce consistent cylinder temperatures.
- Ductile iron front and rear 2 bolt main caps with 4 bolt
interior main caps. Rear cap uses standard one piece seal.
- Two main bearing diameters 302 (2.249) or 351C (2.749) allow
choice of small or large journal camshaft.
- Stock components make Dart blocks a direct replacement for most
production small blocks. Provisions for stock motor mounts,
accessory drives, smog pumps, starter brackets, oil pans and
- Upgraded oiling system has a complete stock type system plus a
low restriction priority main oiling system with front and rear
external oil pump feeds.
- Dual crossovers allow oil flow to be metered with restrictors
for roller lifter cams and/or rocker roller arms to reduce oil flow
- Reinforced head bolt bosses are blind tapped to prevent leaks
and produce accurate torque readings. Extra thick decks prevent
head gasket leaks.
- Standard camshaft and camshaft drive can be used. Lifter valley
has bosses for production hydraulic roller lifters.